Monday, April 22, 2013

Jump

You know that little jump and kick your heels to the side move that Dorothy does as she and the others skip down the Yellow Brick Road on their way to see the Wizard of Oz? I used to be able to do that rather easily. Just jump and click your heels together. Nothing to it. And I would even do it public. And I would laugh and smile and be totally out of breath afterward. It was exhilarating.

Now, I do not even think I could do it if you said you'd pay me to try. I am older, more out of shape and a bit too reserved. I have moved from my carefree 20s as a single woman into my cautious early 40s as an overweight, overworked tired out Momma.

And I hate it.

I am not sure what I am waiting for, why I am so cautious and afraid to do the hard things to be healthy and doing what I love. I want to get a part of that ambitious 20-something that was taking care of herself, taking risks in life and love and not afraid to jump, click her heels and not care who saw her.

Why don't you jump into FMF on Lisa Jo's blog! Click the link and join hundreds of others taking a risk at writing, for five minutes, unedited and unscripted.



  

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Hi, I followed you on FMF. I am just a tad bit tardy posting on a Monday but better late then never right?
You seem to procrastinate like I do when it comes to your health, I always want to be the person I was before I had children but after a few weeks of working on it I give up because the results aren't immediate.
I think a lot of moms have the same issue, before baby and after baby. It is refreshing to read your thoughts on this because its something I am sure we all feel, at least in some regard but hate to admit in fear of being looked down upon like we are complaining about parenthood.
I am right there with you, wanting the best of myself from both worlds but how different those worlds are!
Bless you and your family! If you get a chance please stop by my site and check it out. http://hidethematches.com