Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Love

Since I am a planner I was trying to write my thoughts out mentally last night, wondering how far back I should go, making sure I remembered everything right.

I just need to let go of my Type A personality sometimes and write.

The first person I remember being "in love" with, besides my Daddy, was Shawn Cassidy. I had his records, posters of him and even a night gown with his face on it. Crazy, huh? Now maybe I shouldn't have been so hard on Kari when she picked out a Justin Beiber shirt the other day.

In kindergarten though, I remember being fond of a boy named Corey Meredith. I remember playing with him during center times and making sure I sat next to him when it was circle time and at lunch. I do not think he even knew as he seemed to be very smitten with my best friend, Diana Meloro for most of our elementary and middle school years.

And even though, both of those "first loves" seemed important at the time, I have to say that my first real love was Mikey Rousselle. He was my first kiss and the first person I cried over when we broke up. I was 13. My Daddy held me as I sat on my bed and cried, sure I would never love again. Thankfully, God heals broke hearts and I fell in love again in 1999 with my now husband, Rick.

But, Mikey will always hold a place in my heart. A place of first love, first kiss and first heartbreak. Even to this day, if I think I might run into him or hear someone mention his name, I am transported to the side street where we all hung out, a giggly 13 year old with a jean jacket, pegged Jordache jeans and a boyfriend.

 

1 comment:

Carlton Matthews said...

Great Post MoMo! Good to see you hanging in on the 30 Day Challenge...