Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Wait - FMF

As I begin my entry, my son is waiting to use the computer. He has some amazing patience as he seems to wait his turn a lot being the youngest. Waiting to use the bathroom, waiting for his older sister, just waiting. I need some of his patience.

My life verse as been Psalm 27:14 since HS.

"Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."

But , I never thought of the waiting it talks about as a specific waiting, like in anticipation of what God is about to do. I have always thought about it when you are frustratingly waiting at the doctor's office or line at the grocery store. But, it is really like waiting for Christmas or for the arrival of a long awaited for child.

It should be an excited anticipatory waiting, knowing that God has an incredible plan and that the outcome of my praying, yearning and longing is being brought to pass in the right time, right place and with God's miraculous blessing.

But, instead I impatiently shuffle my feet in frustrating waiting forgetting that God has something wonderful planned that He is anxiously waiting to reveal in my obedience and faith.

Oh, to cling to the intended meaning of the verse and live my life anxiously, excitingly awaiting what God has next for me and my family and my future.  

"Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."

Link up to FMF at Kate's blog with your post on WAIT. 5 minutes, no editing, just writing!

1 comment:

Heather said...

What an amazing post. I do feel like that at times, waiting for something from God and it will be super great because it's from God. But the next day wanting it now! What a life we lead.=)
http://bellesbazaar-heather.blogspot.com/2015/02/wait-5-minute-prompt.html