Thursday, October 02, 2008

TRU and Geoffrey's Birthday

On Saturday, we went to TRU for Geoffrey's Birthday Party. The local newspaper had a TRU flyer that advertized the bash and the kiddos read it and wanted to go. Well, Kari read it and told Noah. Once they two of them combined their cuteness, we were powerless against them. So, we made plans to go. They were promising a hat parade and free gifts.

When we arrived, there was little evidence that a party was going on at the store. They had a few balloons tied to chairs around a table where some kiddos were coloring and next to the table was a wagon filled with hats and paper "Happy Birthday" crowns. An employee handed Kari and Noah some hats and ushered them to the table to color. Color me unimpressed. I was also unimpressed with the wooden train whistles they handed out and ran out of before we arrived (they were 10 kiddos there plus K and N. Guess they didn't anticipate the rush?!) to the kiddos because I had a wicked headache.

The kiddos got to color a bit of their pictures before the parade started. Geoffrey came out and the kiddos followed him around the store blowing those wretched whistles and singing "Happy Birthday". Of course, most of the kiddos were distracted by the aisles of toys we passed while in the parade.

After the parade, they announced they the kiddos could browse the store or color some more pictures until the next activity an hour. We were able to persaude the kiddos to pick out a cheap toy so we could leave. They were bummed about there not being free gifts, so we bought a two pack of Littlest Pet Shop cats and went home.

Here are a few shots after the hat parade

Kari seems a bit unimpressed, too while Noah is obviously in love with the giant giraffe!

I guess I just expected some more effort from the store and the employees. And cake. My headache could have really used some cake.

1 comment:

Honey Mommy said...

Ok... that seems totally lame! I would think there would at least be treats or something!

Where's the cake?!?


I am not sure how it started. I guess maybe it was a genuine illness at first. Then the teenager babysat a little late on a Saturday night. ...