Friday, November 23, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Thank You

Spending time at my sister's house right now and really wasn't sure if I would get time to post, but I have a few minutes before the craziness begins again. Won't you join me?

Five Minute Friday

As I sit here in my sister's living room, surrounded by nieces, nephews, my children and husband, I am reminded of how much I have to be thankful for right now.

We celebrated Thanksgiving with my parents, my sisters and their families and some extended family. The house was full of people and food. At times it was a bit overwhelming, but yet so surreal.

As a child, we always hosted Thanksgiving dinner. Around a ping pong table covered in bed sheets, with a buffet of food on a covered air hockey table, we would give thanks and indulge in holiday favorites - King syrup sweet potatoes, ambrosia salad, sweet potato biscuits and pumpkin pie.

I have always loved Thanksgiving because it meant a visit from my grandparents and playing with cousins.    

Some cousins I don't even talk to anymore.

But, I am thankful nonetheless. Thankful for my husband, and my kiddos, my sisters and their families.

Just thankful and blessed.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

I love that the ping pong table and air hockey table became FOOD tables! What a fun memory! Warmed my heart to know that your celebration continues to be filled with warmth, love, and family all this time later. Blessings!

Unknown said...

Hurray for memories! Love the bedsheets on ping pong tables! I missed being with my sisters this year!