Friday, March 29, 2013

Broken

5 minutes, no editing, just writing. Go to Lisa Jo's blog and join Five Minute Friday! Today's theme is Broken......

I remember thinking that no one could know because I had built such a reputation as a Christian that no one could see the frailty of my life, the overwhelmingness of my sin, the brokenness of my world. But, I was indeed broken. So broken.

Being a single, unwed mother was a badge I would wear like a scarlet letter for 9 years before God sent a knight in tarnished armor to heal my heart and make my dreams come true. We were two broken people drawn together by the love of God and each other. God was making something new out of our brokenness.

22 years ago I thought my brokenness was a sign of weakness, but that is exactly what I needed to be - weak, so His strength could shine through and mend the brokenness.

Today, when I am broken I try to remember to take the broken pieces to the loving hands of my Savior and let Him carefully repair them into a new thing. He is always willing to make broken things new. For in His brokenness on the cross He redeemed all that is broken, all of us that are broken.

To be broken is to be whole in the One who loves the broken, died for the broken and conquered death for the broken. So thankful for the broken pieces.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your last paragraph best. So much good can come from brokenness, and you've captured it here. Blessings!

Amber Cadenas said...

Yes, this - "To be broken is to be whole in the One who loves the broken, died for the broken and conquered death for the broken. So thankful for the broken pieces." And this is hope - what a beautiful God... Thank you for this piece.