Monday, March 25, 2013

Remember

Somehow when I clicked on the link for Lisa Jo's blog I ended up at the post for FMF "Change" and thought that was this week's post. It wasn't. So....here's the real theme for this week "Remember".

Sometimes it is hard for me to think about the past and focus on the good things. I find myself having a hard time sifting through the pain to find the silver linings. I tend to lean on the side of pessimism, so if I can recall a hard or difficult time, I will continue to mull over it and forget the memories that made me smile or the blessings that God has bestowed upon me over the past 40 years.

And I want my children to have fond memories of their childhood. To be able to recall family vacations, or special dinners or birthday celebrations with joy and not sadness.  I want the special times to be at the forefront of their recollections and the gloomy times to be less frequent when they look back on their childhood.

I want to make a conscientious effort to take time at the end of every day and jot down the joyous times of the time, the smiles and the blessings, the victories, more so than the defeats.

I want to live out Philippians 3:13-14 and allow my children to cling to what God has for them in the future, learning from the past and being aware of the struggles, but being spurred by the goodness to gladly anticipate the future.  

13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it,[d] but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.



Link to Lisa Jo's blog and stretch your creative writing muscle!


    

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Hi. Just stopping in from fmf.
So often we think on the negative! I sometimes list what GOOD got done in the week instead of looking at my to-do's that didn't get done. And there is so much good!I love this focus.

Melinda said...

Hi. Just stopping in from fmf.
So often we think on the negative! I sometimes list what GOOD got done in the week instead of looking at my to-do's that didn't get done. And there is so much good!I love this focus.