Monday, March 25, 2013

Change

Nothing makes me more anxious than the word change. I loathe it so much that my stomach hurts even writing about it right now.

I am a creature of habit and am not a big fan of change at all. My husband, on the other hand, is someone that thrives on spontaneity. He loves to change this up and encourages me to do so often.

And I normally fight, tooth and nail.

But, this year I have been stepping out of my comfort zone and chose BOLD as my word of the year. And change has been inevitable and almost constant.

I have been trying to embrace it instead of running from it. Some days are better than others. Some days I feel empowered and some days I feel paralyzed by my fear of change. Which I think is actually a fear of failure. What if things change and don't go well? What then?

What I need to remember is that God is the perfect author of my story and that He orchestrates every turn and twist my storyline takes. I am slowly realizing that I am much more at peace if I hold onto His hand and embrace the changes.

Even if it still makes me sweat.

 
Link your Five Minute Friday post at Lisa Jo's blog!


      

No comments: