Friday, March 15, 2013

Rest

It has been the craziest 13 years of my life. I never imagined that my life would be this way or that I would be where I am today, but here I am.

I had grand expectations that day I said, "I do" and am sure God gently smiled and shook His head. I am sure He chuckled a bit while He watched as I tried to make everything stay neatly in place and turn out just right.

I had everything figured out in my heart and in my head. I was sure I was doing everything I could to make my family and my home perfect.

But, for whom? Myself? My husband  My in-laws? Our exes? I knew that God would bless us as long as everything and everyone stayed in place and I was able to hold everything and everyone together.

Sigh.

Of course, I had forgotten the One who orchestrated my marriage, my life in the first place. And when I took Him off the throne and put myself in His rightful place, life got really messy and started to fall apart. At least, I thought so.

Misplaced expectations became heartaches and sadness. I lost my faith and my trust. But, God never lost sight of me and my family.

He was waiting, just where He was when we started this journey, my husband and me. He was gently standing close by with His arms outstretched and His gently voice saying,

"Are you done? Are you done trying to make everyone and everything the way you envisioned it all to be? Come, child, rest in the promises I made to you. Find them in My Word. Hold them close to your heart and rest easy in knowing that what I have planned for you is greater than anything you could have ever imagined."

Rest.

Peaceful rest.    


Join me in free writing for 5 minutes for Five Minute Fridays on Lisa Jo's blog. Stretching your creative wings is good for the writer's soul.

No comments: