Thursday, August 01, 2013

Broken

There are some things that can not be fixed. No matter what you do or how hard you try, some things just remain broken.

And there are other things that can be fixed, but are never really the same, never like they were before they were broken.

And then there are other things that when broken, become better, whole even.

When my heart was broken as a single, unwed momma I was sure it could never be mended. And I couldn't mend it, no matter what I did or how hard I tried. I grew weary and felt so alone.

Then I realized that I had let bitterness and unmet expectations turn my heart callous to the things the Lord was trying to teach me through my brokenness.

Once I let Him apply the salve of His Word and my prayers, my broken heart began to heal. Although, I would never want to be in a place where my heart is so broken, I am thankful for a Father that heals the brokenhearted.



    

No comments: