Friday, October 16, 2009

Sick and Tired

So, between Devin having to sleep in our bed because she watched a scary movie and Kari not feeling well, no one has been sleeping very much in the Hall household for the last week.

Devin ended up in our bed early Wednesday morning, not allowing Noah to sneakily climb in our bed, so he and I ended up sleeping on the couch. My neck is still not happy with me. Rick was awaken every 10 minutes or so by Devin saying, "Dad, roll over, please! Dad, you're snoring!" I went to bed at 9 PM Wednesday night.

Then Kari ended up in our bed early Thursday morning because she wasn't feeling well and Devin had fallen asleep on the couch while watching a movie because she didn't want to sleep upstairs. She just stayed up until she couldn't stay awake any longer. Noah was already in our bed when Kari climbed in so he started screeching about being squished and repeatedly poked Rick in the ribs. I ended up on the couch again, albeit alone this time, and Kari woke up a few hours later with a fever.

No other symptoms, just the fever. It has spiked and then decreased several times in the last 24 hours. The kiddos have off of school today and she was hoping to have a friend spend the night, but she may not even be able to do anything this weekend if her fever sticks around.

Noah is a bit congested, but no fever and I have some sinus gunk that showed up this morning, along with a 6:30 AM wake up call and a migraine.

Thankfully, it is rainy and cold, so the kiddos are not too upset to be stuck inside watching non-stop Disney.

I am going to start a bubble bath and slice one of the brownies Rick baked last night.

Maybe I will send Rick to Walgreen's with the disposable cameras from the kiddos' field trips to get some photo CDs made. We never did find my parents' camera and have not been able to replace it. Waiting for the leads Rick has out there for jobs to come to fruition.

I will be so thankful when he gets a job and is able to keep it for more than 6-8 months. I know God has a plan, but it is hard to see it sometimes. Especially, when I am overtired and dealing with sick kiddos.

No comments: