Monday, October 05, 2009

Not Me Monday Satan's a Punk Edition

I did not start to cry when, as I was standing at the 40 Days for Life vigil, a young man rode by and gave me the finger.

I did not start freaking out when I saw Kari's broken bike outside the fence and the back gate open.

I did not then start really freaking out when I realized that her operable bike was gone from the front porch.

I did not curse a little when I realized that someone had taken/stolen not one but two of the bikes from our yard.

I did not continue to curse when the coffee machine I wanted to get coffee from at Royal Farms was out of order.

I did not exclaim "Satan's a Punk!" when I then realized that I didn't have enough change for the iced coffee at RF.

I did not then drive to 7-11 in hopes of getting some sort of coffee beverage to have to settle for an iced coffee.

I did not have all of the above happen before I was able to be on my way to a prayer meeting on Saturday morning.

I did not share all of this with the gals I was praying with, exclaiming once again that "Satan is Punk!".

I did not text D while I was driving to let her know that the bikes were found and returned.

I did not then exclaim, "Eat that, Satan!".

Yeah, so what did you not do?

Check out the original NMM poster, MckMama and some of my friends who have been bitten by the NMM bug.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the Satan's a punk comment!! When life gets crazy, these things just come out don't they!
Glad you got the bikes back!

BTW, I grew up in Rockville, MD, don't know if that is near you???