Sunday, September 08, 2013

Back to School 2013

The summer went by too fast again and after a short trip to Chesapeake Beach (I will blog about that later), we all headed back to school on August 26. Well, Rick actually did not go back until the 28th,, but I will explain that in a few minutes.

Kari was very nervous about starting middle school, especially since she is attending a new school for performing arts without any of her friends. We are so proud of her and she did great her first week. She was able to open her locker by the fourth day and only mixed up her classes one time. She is not too thrilled about her STEM math teacher, so we are trying to figure that out, but everything else is going well. Although, she would prefer not having to be at the bus stop at 7 AM.



Noah is enjoying fourth grade and loves having several of his friends in his class. His teacher was Kari's 3rd grade teacher, so we are thankful that we are familiar with her and her teaching style. He is looking forward to overnight camp at Arlington Echo, joining chorus and playing the saxophone. We are even looking into martial arts as an extracurricular activity.



I am a teachers' assistant for 2nd grade this year and am very glad to be at my school again. I love my colleagues and the students. I do miss being with the intermediate classes, but am starting to fall in love with the 2nd graders. There are a lot of them and there are many needs, so I am excited to see the progress they will be make this year. 

Rick was not offered the job he was promised at the end of last year, but thankfully was still in the substitute system for the county. He was able to obtain a long term position at his school and is loving it. It is great practice for when he will student teach next fall.

Even though, I miss sleeping in, I love the routine of being back to school. And the new school supplies. I am a sucker for a new box of crayons.   

No comments: