Monday, September 02, 2013

Worship

Time seems to go by so much quicker on Sunday mornings while everyone else seems to be in slow motion. I would say that three out of four Sundays we miss most of the praise and worship time. And it does not do this Momma's heart any good.

I love the praise and worship portion of the Sunday church service. I miss being part of the praise and worship team and enjoy being able to lift my voice and my hands and worship in that way. It is a vital part of my relationship with Jesus.

but, so many times I put so much weight on the praise and worship time at church that i forget that I am worshiping Him or should be, from the time I get out of bed until I climb back in again.

How does my worship look when I am yelling at my children and husband to hurry along on Sunday morning? Or when I am dragging my 4th grader to his class or when I am quietly murmuring under my breath that someone is in our seats/row in the sanctuary?

All of it should be worship and yet I forget.

I don't want to forget. I want to remember and I want to worship Him, moment by moment with sweet abandonment.

I want to worship.


Link up your Worship post with Lisa Jo's!

1 comment:

Shelly Roder said...

Thanks for writing! Yes, I feel you - I often feel like the push to get out the door for Mass on Sunday morning is time when my commitment to nonviolence is tested the most each week. :) I think God knows and appreciates the struggle and we are blessed in countless ways just for the effort. Like when our kids forgive easily or speak with kindness or stop in reverence of a flower or cloud - it's all those little things they pick up on because of our effort to get to sunday mass... at least that's how I think about it. Blessings to you!