Thursday, December 04, 2008

Little Nuggets

Just a few things heard or going on at our house lately.....

Mondays are kinda of lazy days around here, recuperating from the weekend and all. So, I let the kiddos eat breakfast in the bedroom. As they were finishing, N had to go to the bathroom, but did not feel like walking the 10 feet. So, he peed in K's cereal bowl. He literally p*ssed in her Cheerios that morning.

Watching the Backyardigans and they are sining the song Racing Day. Austin just sang "It's not sausage casing day, It's racing day, It's racing day!" Seriously?? I am sorry, but that is just weird.

Today I was telling K she had already used up her computer time today - 1 hour. She has discovered Hannah Montanna's Room Redo on Disney.com and although, it allowed me to get some things done around the house today I do not feel like dealing with it for more than an hour a day. During our discussion of her computer time, K got a serious look on her face and said, "That is how long it takes to get a photo developed at Walgreen's. One hour. That is what the sign said." Random, table for one, please.

Okay, so these next two did not happen around our house, but are worth mentioning -

At court yesterday I was eavesdropping on a conversation that was taking place right beside me. A public defender was discussing a case with a parent and she told the mother that she was still responsible for her son and his actions until he was 18. The mother responded, "Well, I wish I would have known that 17 years ago. I would have kept my legs closed." Classy, no?

I went to the bathroom before the court proceedings started and there was a lady in there that looked like a drug addict. I know that may be, as my 17 year old would put it, profiling or stereotyping, but I am sure you know what I mean. She was standing at the sink, combing through her hair with her hands and was howling and making other random sounds like "Wa, Wa, Wa" and "Bow, Wow, Whoa, Whoa" only stopping her noises to clear her throat and spit mucus into the sink.

Lastly, if you are standing in front of somone seated on a bench and you pass gas, please, at least say excuse me. Especially, if it is foul. It is just not cool to not say excuse me. Totally not cool.

No comments: