Saturday, September 25, 2010

Just Breath

as·pi·ra·tion - [as-puh-rey-shuhn] –noun

1. strong desire, longing, or aim; ambition:
2. a goal or objective desired

3. act of aspirating; breath.
 
As a young girl, I remember having a strong desire to want to be a dancer. We had a jukebox in our bedroom growing up and I remember wearing my dance outfit and just wanting to dance, dance, dance. 
 
As I grew into a young woman, I remember longing to be a nurse, wanting to help people, see them healed. But, then I saw my grandfather suffer at the hands of nurses and others in the medical profession and decided I could never be a nurse. Plus, hospitals make me nervous.
 
In high school, my ambitions changed to wanting to be a teacher. I felt complete in the classroom helping the elementary teachers with their students, seeing them learn to read and write or complete a math equation. I longed to have my own classroom to decorate and lesson plans to write out and students to love on and inspire to learn and succeed.
 
As I began my college career I became pregnant with my firstborn and realized that I also wanted to be a mother. The desire to nurture another human being was overwhelming at times as the baby grew, as I gave birth and as I watched my son change into from a boy to a man.
 
I have been blessed to be able to teach and be a momma. The six years I taught second graders are some of the most fulfilling years of my life. And being a momma to five amazing children has been challenging, but so rewarding.
 
I now have a desire to see my children saved, living for the Lord, following and fulfilling their dreams and raising families to continue the legacy of dreaming big and accomplishing great things.
 
I just need to remember to pray and breath. God can handle the rest.  
 
  

No comments: