Wednesday, September 01, 2010

A Moment

The saying, "Things can change in a moment" is so true. Good and bad things can happen in just a moment changing life drastically. Then sometimes it takes a moment to see something for what it really is or realize something profound. Sometimes all you need is a moment to yourself to refresh and refocus.

There are so many directions I could go with this post, but I am going to settle on a happy moment recently.

Rick and I have been on our weight loss journey since February. There have been really great weeks and not so great weeks, awesome days and not so awesome days, but all of them are part of the process of getting healthy and staying healthy.

One such moment happened a few months ago when we were shopping for clothes to wear to a friends' wedding. I had found a skirt I liked and picked out my size and headed to the dressing room. As I slid the skirt on, I experienced something I hadn't while shopping in a long time. It was too big! I was elated and Rick was just as excited for me.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels! I need to make that my mantra so I can continue on this journey and be successful at it.

What a great moment! 

No comments: