Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Favorite Birthday

I am not sure I have a favorite birthday, but I do have a few birthdays that stand out in my memory as special.

When I was 10, I had a surprise birthday party at McDonald's. That was awesome since the only time we went to Mickey D's was on the way to the Ocean every summer.

When I was 13, my older sister and best friend threw me a surprise birthday party. It was awesome after I realized that they hadn't been ignoring me for weeks, but secretly planning my party.

When I was 16, my friend and boyfriend were planning a party for me and surprised me by having it a day earlier. I walked into her bedroom to get something and there was my boyfriend who loved 40 minutes away. She had picked him up early. 

When I was 26, I got a special flower delivery from a guy named Rick from TX that I had recently started chatting with online. I also got to take the metro and spend the day in DC with friends from school and Josh. My friend's husband was a Capitol police officer at the time and gave us a back door tour of the Capitol. We had lunch at Pizzeria Uno. It was awesome!

And when I was 30, Rick got a babysitter and took me to dinner to Rain Forest Cafe` with our great friends, The Powells and then we headed to their house for a surprise party for me!   

Contrary to all of the surprise parties I have had, I am not really into surprises. LOL

No comments: